Students will be able to
- practise the past simple,
- use the past perfect to show that a completed action happened at an unspecified time before another completed action,
- use the past perfect to show that an action was always or never true until another completed action took place in the past,
- use “hadn’t + been” with adjectives in the past perfect,
- understand when to use the past simple or the past perfect,
- use before, after, and until to connect the past perfect and present simple in a sentence,
- use never and ever with the past perfect.