Students will be able to
- explain diffusion in gases and liquids using the particle model,
- use the particle model to outline the way in which different gases and liquids move and mix,
- describe how temperature and mass affect diffusion to explain why rates of diffusion can change,
- connect the idea of Brownian motion to diffusion in gases and liquids,
- use the concept of Brownian motion to draw diagrams representing random molecular bombardment,
- state evidence of Brownian motion through experimental observations of particles in a suspension.