Students will be able to
- recall the ratios of prefixed SI units of distance,
- recall the ratio between seconds and hours,
- recall the ratio between kilometers and miles,
- convert between speed values using meters per second (m/s), kilometers per hour (km/h), miles per hour (mph), and combinations of these,
- recognize approximate values of kilometers per hour (km/h) in meters per second (m/s) and vice versa to sanity-check answers given to questions about vehicular speeds.
Students should already be familiar with
Students will not cover
- calculations of any kinematic quantity other than speed.