Students will be able to
- determine unknown lengths given a pair of intersecting chords inside a circle,
- determine unknown lengths given a pair of intersecting secants,
- determine unknown lengths given an intersecting secant and tangent,
- determine whether three or four points that define two intersecting line segments can be points on a circle given the lengths of their parts,
- solve real-life problems using properties of special segments in circles.
Students should already be familiar with
- solving ratios,
- similar triangles,
- solving linear and quadratic equations.
Students will not cover
- inscribed angles,
- angles of intersecting chords, secants, and tangents.