Students will be able to
- understand that taking the square root of a number is the inverse operation of squaring that number,
- understand that the square root symbol denotes the positive square root of a number,
- find the square root of a perfect square,
- perform addition and subtraction operations on square roots of perfect squares,
- solve geometric and word problems by taking the square root,
- estimate the square root of a nonperfect square number by using smaller and larger square numbers,
- understand the difference between exact representations of roots and their decimal approximations.