Students will be able to
- understand the definition of a sequence,
- understand the domain and range of a sequence,
- classify a sequence as finite or infinite,
- understand how to classify a sequence as arithmetic, geometric, or neither,
- represent arithmetic and geometric sequences on a graph,
- generate sequences from graphs or diagrams.
Students should already be familiar with
- the concept of a set.
Students will not cover
- other polynomial forms of sequence (quadratic, etc.),
- the term of an arithmetic or geometric sequence,
- the sum of an infinite sequence,
- sigma notation.