Students will be able to
- prove that two triangles have the same area if they have the same base and the vertices opposite to that base are on a line that is parallel to the base,
- identify that when two triangles lie between two parallel lines and have the same length base, then they have the same area,
- understand that the median of a triangle divides it into two parts equal in area,
- understand that triangles that have congruent bases on the same straight line and have a common vertex opposite the bases are equal in area,
- use triangles of equal area to solve geometric problems,
- prove that if two triangles share a base and have equal area, then the vertices opposite the base lie on a straight line parallel to the base.