Students will be able to
- define the terms emission, pollution, and pollutant,
- identify and describe different types of pollution associated with energy production and use, including water pollution and air pollution,
- describe what a greenhouse gas is,
- describe the impact of different energy sources on the environment, including nuclear power stations, wind turbines, hydropower dams, oil pipelines, and fuel mining and drilling,
- identify negative impacts of energy production and use on people and the environment,
- describe how using scrubbers can reduce air pollution.