Students will be able to
- state which instruments can be used to accurately measure temperature (an analog thermometer and a digital thermometer),
- use an analog or a digital thermometer correctly to measure the temperature of liquids or gases,
- identify when and how a thermometer has been used incorrectly to measure temperature,
- recall that a thermometer must be left for a few moments to adjust to the temperature of the substance it is measuring,
- recall that in an analog thermometer with a visible meniscus, the reading should be taken from the middle of the meniscus and not the edge.