Students will be able to
- state the major blood vessels as capillaries, veins, and arteries,
- compare and contrast the structure of the capillaries, veins, and arteries in terms of width of walls, size of lumen, and presence of elastic or muscular layers,
- describe the role of arteries as transporting blood under high pressure away from the heart and around the body,
- describe the role of veins as transporting blood under low pressure from the organs of the body back to the heart,
- describe the role of capillaries in allowing the exchange of nutrients and oxygen between the blood and organs or tissues.