Students will be able to
- understand that at a point within a fluid, a force acts in all directions away from the point with the same magnitude in each direction,
- understand that at a point within a fluid, a force acts from all directions toward the point with the same magnitude from each direction,
- understand that an increase in pressure applied to a fluid from any direction increases the magnitudes of the forces that act at the points in the fluid,
- understand that the forces acting from the points in a fluid that is in contact with an object produce a pressure on the object that acts normally on the boundary between the object and the fluid in contact with the object,
- use the formula to determine magnitudes of forces applied to objects by fluids and vice versa.