Content Localization SpecialistCairo • Egypt
As a Content Localization Specialist, you will be responsible for organizing and applying our language localization processes to our educational content to make them accessible in different languages and countries. The ideal candidate is a passionate language professional who can thoroughly research and contribute with valuable input regarding the local use of the language in different parts of the world.
- Act as a liaison between translators and other stakeholders in the company such as the IS and the Content Technologies teams to ensure completion of their tasks.
- Contribute to solving technical issues faced by translators by raising the issue with the concerned team at the company and following up with them until the issue is solved.
- Review and prioritize technical issues with the concerned teams to ensure solving them in a timely manner.
- Escalate and track progress of all content localization issues to ensure quality of published content in all languages and report them to concerned teams.
- Manage language localization of Nagwa content to deliver a high-quality educational experience to users in different locations regarding language, region, and/or any scientific content preference.
- Research and identify new dialects and localization areas such as notations, style conventions, and scientific terms in order to add them to Nagwa localization rules.
- Participate in testing Localization and Translation software tools by providing test cases to developers.
- Review localized content in terms of format and style, to ensure that it meets the required standards.
- Prepare status and backlog reports and communicate them to management.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in translation, engineering, or any related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- High command of the English language.
- Familiarity with content internationalization and/or localization.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Scientific literacy is a plus.
- Exposure to different curricula and educational systems is a plus.
Job Behavioral Competencies
- Ability to read, research, and grasp new subjects.
- Ability to collect, interpret, and summarize data.
- Constant eagerness to acquire new knowledge.
- Initiative and result-based orientation.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Basic knowledge of XML.
- Basic knowledge of Python.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages.
- Very good communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to work within a team as well as individually.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Faster learner.