Science Video Developer (Primary Specialist)Windsor • United Kingdom
We are looking for a freelance video developer of exemplary primary education science content. As a Science Video Developer, you will be an integral member of a team creating the primary education science content which appears on our digital education platforms. A significant component of the job will be developing audience-appropriate, clear, informative, rigorous, pedagogically sound, and engaging educational videos in English.
Videos are created on our Nagwa Studio app for the iPad. Examples can be found here:
- Research, plan and develop outstanding science video content in English.
- Use your teaching experience to identify and address common misconceptions.
- Meet Nagwa’s requirements for clarity, accuracy, quality, style, and functionality.
- Produce memorable videos that are accessible to students with differing learning styles, from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Receive and act upon constructive feedback through our content review process.
Qualifications & Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Mathematics.
- Good working knowledge of the sciences and mathematics up to GCSE level.
- Experience teaching or creating educational content.
- Previous experience in educational video production is desirable, but not essential.
- Be passionate about science education.
- Have a quiet recording area at your disposal.
- Be able to commit a minimum of 10 hours a week (on average).
- Speak English at an idiomatic level and have excellent communication skills.
- Have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Have an outstanding ability to engage students.
- Be creative, critical and have great attention to detail.
- Have a positive attitude and high energy.
This is a work-from-home position and the compensation is £25/hour. You can flexibly choose your hours of work, up to a full-time equivalent of 35 hours per week.
Nagwa is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.